It really is, isn’t it?
In Singapore, we subscribe to tv channels, phone services, beauty products etc. So it isn’t like it’s a new concept. It’s just a different product.
Why did we believe in subscriptions for baby diapers?
- Hassle free experience
- To be able to buy your year’s worth of diapers in a few clicks – that’s pretty awesome, no?
- Continuity without difficulties (and we know how difficult it can be to buy diapers)
- Let’s not even talk about Baby Fairs (crowded, long queues, your own screaming baby)
- Avoid stocking up
- Why waste space in our already small flats.
- You don’t need to do anything
- Who doesn’t want to just sit back and relax and have diapers delivered free to your doorstep?
All the reasons were advantageous and beneficial to all parents, like ourselves.
But ultimately, it’s a choice that you make.
But if you’re already on a steady brand, if you know your baby’s diaper habits and change frequencies – and you need to go to the store, or go to the baby fair, buy the particular brand at whatever price the store gives, wait in the queues, lug back the diapers…and then continue this process every single month or every few weeks for the next 2 – 3 years – I’ll certainly ask – WHY?
Perhaps it’s the price? The good news here is that we’ve listed our prices competitively, so you won’t at all feel like you’re getting a bad bargain. Bring out your calculators and do the math.
Or is it the skepticism of a model that isn’t the “norm”. People fear uncharted territories. But don’t forget, there was a time when everyone questioned the viability or safety of online shopping, and look at where we’re at now.